A Tale of Two Engines

To: "tri" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Tale of Two Engines
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:06:01 -0400
Hi,
Hopefully, I can combine the best of two old engines (out of a '60 TR3A & '66
TR4) into one good engine.  The PO  of one of the engines told me he thought
everything else ought to interchange.  Although I've previously had expierence
rebuilding a VW engine, I am new to these motors.  What things will
interchange?  If the older motor is 1991cc's and the '66 is 2138 cc, should I
automatically try to go with the larger cylinders, and pistons?

I plan to use both Haynes & Bentley manuals.  Shouldn't this be sufficient?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A engine and entire car to be rebuilt
66 TR4 engine only