Frozen TR6 Steering

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frozen TR6 Steering
From: "Edward Corcoran" <ewc777@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:50 -0400
I have a '71 TR6 that had been working fine when parked/stored last December
in my garage, as it has for the past 12 winters.  When I got it out last
weekend for the first time this year, it fired right up, but I was unable to
turn the wheels in either direction.  The steering column seems OK (i.e. not
disengaged from the steering assembly), but the wheels will not deflect in
either direction - I tried with the car moving and with the front end jacked
up off of the ground.

Anyone ever have this happen?  Advice?  Things to check?

Thanks in advance.

Ned Corcoran
Pennsylvania
'71 TR6