RE: TR3A steering wheel/turn signal questions

To: "Joe Lynn" <jlynn604@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A steering wheel/turn signal questions
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 10:52:34 -0700
> But since they work consistently, I'm
> guessing that the
> intermittent problem with the stock indicator light is somewhere in the
> wiring to it? I haven't yet traced the wires to see how they were routed
> since they are not in the steering column.

Might be in the wiring, might be the flasher itself or (my favorite) the
dash lamp itself.  The dash indicator is wired directly to the third
terminal on the flasher, so is not involved in the wiring to the control
head.

> Question 2 & 3:

No idea, but I wanted to mention a 3rd possibility ... the MGA used a
self-canceling turn signal switch that will work fine in a TR3 (as long as
you be sure to buy a new one rather than one that has ever been in contact
with an actual MG <G>)  Obviously it cancelled by time, not by the wheel
turning.

Randall