OT - Warranty from TRAK Auto Parts?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT - Warranty from TRAK Auto Parts?
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 09:19:03 -0400
Cc: "'trstevens@earthlink.net'" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Concerning the Battery from TRAK / Advance Auto:

When our local TRAK auto was going out of business here in Leesburg,  I went
walking through seeing what all kinds of junk they were liquidating.

The batteries were more than half off.

. ..  I pointed out the issue of warranty with TRAK auto no longer existing
in the near future and the sales person told me explicitly and with no
doubts that Advance Auto would be honoring the warranty for the battery.
So I bought it.

Last time I got pissed at Advance Auto was when I wanted to buy Redline MTL
from them.  (Previous e-mail thread if you remember or what to look it up in
the archives)

I wrote some pretty nasty notes to the Advance Auto Corporate folks through
their website and was pleased to get quick replies back.
When I told them I thought the local store manager ought to call me,
apologize and make things right . . . . he did.

Try going through the corporate parent and see if they will apply pressure
from above.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday