Re: oil, brakes and speedo cable

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil, brakes and speedo cable
From: "Eric K." <tr3a@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:26:00 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: jmaher0343@bresnan.net
JOE MAHER said:

>  I replaced my tach cable 2 weeks ago.

FWIW: the (new) tach cable in my TR3A was squeaking from time to time when
I got the car. The original cable was in the boot. I lubricated the input
axle on the tacho and greased the new cable, put it all back and it
squeaked even more than before. At one point it squeaked so much that I
tried to unscrew the cable from the back of the tacho while driving. I got
to unscrewing it about 1/8th of a turn and the squeaking stopped. It has
never squeaked since...

Eric

--
'57 TR3a TS23315L - black