Re: TR8 boiling over

To: joflemin@nortelnetworks.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR8 boiling over
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 14:15:00 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/2004 1:18:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
joflemin@nortelnetworks.com writes:

> Anybody with a too-hot TR8 have any ideas?
> Thanks,
> John

John,
When I first purchased my TR8 (also an 80 with carbs) it would run hot.  In
fact it had been running hot for years and the original owner therefore did not
drive it much so it only had 16,000 miles on it.  He complained that
something was just wrong with the car and wanted to get rid of it.  I just
purchased
and installed a new radiator and solved the problem. TR8's are know to
eventually clog the radiator. Something to do with the aluminum block and maybe
a more
knowledgeable lister who knows metallurgy can tell us why. I know you have to
take real good care of the cooling system and even then they are known to
block up the radiator.  Not a real bad job to change it out but it is more
difficult if you have AC and you have to take it out from under the car which
most of us means on you back.
Cheers,
Darrell