Sudden Low Oil Pressure - TRactor Engine

To: "Triumphs List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sudden Low Oil Pressure - TRactor Engine
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 20:00:37 -0700
HI Everyone,

After a 2 hour drive at freeway speed the overall oil pressure has dropped
significantly. Before, the oil pressure ran at 70 PSI at 3K+ rpm, now it
runs at  20 PSI. The highest it'll go is 40 PSI at 4K rpm. Not good.

Here's my guess, but I'd like some opinions before I start replacing parts.
I think that the screen on the oil pump has clogged, so the normal oil
pressure can't develop.

Any other ideas for the sudden drop off of pressure?

Thanks!
John
'67 TR4A IRS
Pretty much original, but has spin on oil filter