Re: TR on eBay

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR on eBay
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 08:17:47 +0100
Bearing in mind that banking systems in Europe (France and Germany
especially) have draconian penalties for those who transgress, I'd be
surprised if there was a payment problem.  The only sure ways of getting the
money is either to have it wired between buyer and vendor banks or for the
vendor to insist on payment being made by a Confirmed Irrevocable Letter of
Credit. As someone else pointed out, the price bid probably reflects the
TR2's relative rarity value in Europe. Very few are left here that are
capable of meeting current Department of Transport safety standards in the
annual checks all our cars have to have.

Jonmac

---