cooling fan once again

To: Paradise Music <paradise.71@juno.com>
Subject: cooling fan once again
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:58:26 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i4DH0QvL002582
Message text written by Paradise Music
>I have installed my cooling fan per discussion a week or 2 ago.  I also
bought the thermostat kit, complete w/relay.  I have checked the grounds, I
have istalled the thermostat, rigged the hot wire to the battery, the fused
wire to the fan's hot lead, but I'm not sure where to install the
ignigion(yellow) wire.  What do ya'll suggest?  The hot side of the coil?
the fuse pannel on the inner fender?  Thanks a bunch!
<

I'm not intimately familiar with the unit you have but it sounds like you
can hook it to any white or green wire. The advantage to using the green
wire is that it is fuse protected.  The disadvantage is that it is fuse
protected.  More specifically, it is on the same fuse as the temp gauge so
if the fuse blows you loose your cooling fan AND the temp gauge that will
tell you your fan is not working.  ;-)  But under normal circumstances
wither will work.

Dave