TR4 brake MC fitting - Inverted Flare?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 brake MC fitting - Inverted Flare?
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 06:40:52 -0700
Cc: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
I'm in the process of redoing the DPO's poorly fabricated brake pipes in my
TR3.  It uses a TR4 master cylinder.

When taking off the fitting to the master cylinder, I noticed that the pipe
had the standard inverted flare, but the corresponding surface in the master
cylinder did not have the raised taper to mate to the flare.  It didn't leak.

Is a standard double flared 3/16 pipe the correct fitting for a TR4 master
cylinder?  Or should I be looking for some sort of adapter?

Thanks

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA