Re: 72 TR6

To: TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 72 TR6
From: Dale VanCleef <dalebonn@netnitco.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:10:46 -0500
I'm sorry about all these post.  When I post questions, eveything is
ok.  When I reply, my answers don't show up in the email.

Anyway,
I have a '73 TR6 that behaves (sort of) the same way.
So far, I've decided that it's running lean.  Mine seems to be lean on
the rear carb only.  I'm guessing we both have a leak that is allowing
in extra air.  This causes a lean condition.  We are both compensating
for the lean condition with the choke... causing a rich condition.

I plan to use propane or carb cleaner to find the leak.  Hopefully, it
will be in a vacuum hose or the carb gasket.  It may be a manifold
gasket... but I hope not.  I'll post again when I know more.
If you figure this out before I do, I hope you let us know what you find.

--
Dale VanCleef
'73 TR6 - CF985U