Wheel Studs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel Studs
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:41:01 EDT
I suppose I could fib and pretend this is about my 654A but, while it may
apply generically, I feel honor bound to say it refers to my 95 Corolla. So, to
that extent, sorry for the non-LBC. But hope it helps in that department, too.
Simply put, any tips about getting replacement wheel studs to seat. I can
hammer it in to a certain extent but not all the way due to space constraints.
tried a c-clamp and a socket but can't generate sufficient torque to pull it
in all the way either. Any ideas? I've been advised that the lug nuts
themselves will complete the job but....I don't know about that.
I do have a compressor. Is there an air tool -- vise like or clamp -- that
would do the trick?
Thanks.

Jim
65 4A