Re: radiator cap

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: radiator cap
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 14:32:38 -0700
john matthews wrote:

> My TR 4 is still overheating and I'm wondering if it isn't the
> radiator cap. Moss calls for one with a 3/4" depth...

I just measured my cap (which I believe is original) and get 3/4".  I
doubt it compresses the spring very much when on there so the neck and
the cap measurements are about the same.

Mine doesn't overheat but I've done about every trick in the book to try
to help it stay cool in AZ summers.  Let me know if you want a quick
run-down of those items.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ