Re: Fasteners/Tools

To: triumphtr2@direcway.com
Subject: Re: Fasteners/Tools
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:50:13 -0700 FILETIME=[D61B9650:01C44139]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Question to the list: in addition to standard tools, jacks, axles stands,
>parts
>washer, compressor, MIG and tank welders,  in your experience, are there
>any
>other shop items/tools you found you found to be invaluable, useful, etc.,
>or
>conversely, stuff that was supposed to be a "must have", but turned out to
>be
>more of a hinderance than a help?
>
>TIA
>
>Cameron Joyce (newbie)

Hi Cameron,

It looks like you have a fairly complete list of tools. Having new hardware
on hand is a great idea, I'm about to throw my old drawer (actually 3 now)
of hardware away and buy all new A/N fasteners cause I'm so sick of
searching around for the right size fastener....

One thing I would add to your tool kit is a digital camera so you can
document the restoration.
That and a bunch of plastic baggies with notecards will make reassembly much
easier.

I have two tools now that would have been great for my restoration, 1.
industrial ultrasonic cleaner (just put the parts in come back a few hours
later to a clean part) 2. glass bead blaster(it seems to be the only way to
get those stuborn stains off aluminum.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR 4

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp