Inner Black Ring on Speedo/Tach Instruments with any abuse report

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Inner Black Ring on Speedo/Tach Instruments with any abuse report
From: "Stephen Peca" <sppchicago@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:50:55 -0400 (EDT)
 I recently swapped out the housing of my non-functioning TR3 speedometer with
a functioning TR4 speedometer housing.  I also did the same for my tachometer.
It was a surprisingly simple effort.   Question:  I noticed when disassembling
the TR4 housing (after removing the chrome ring and the glass), there was a
black colored inner ring held in place by two small strips of rubber.   Again,
the TR4 housing had it, but the TR3 housing did not.  Nevertheless, I installed
the black ring with the TR3 housing and it fit perfectly.  Unfortunately, I
only have one ring and I installed it with the tachometer. The black ring is
there, I am guessing to better focus the backlighting onto the instrument face.
 Does anyone know if I can get just the black inner ring from someplace?
Should I just do without it?  Thanks.Steve PecaAnnandale, New Jersey1958 TR3A -
TS23867L

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com