Re: Stripped Sheetmetal Screws

To: tswrace@pacbell.net, jmitch@snet.net
Subject: Re: Stripped Sheetmetal Screws
From: Btmfdchn@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:54:58 EDT
Cc: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/28/2004 7:20:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tswrace@pacbell.net writes:
There is a fastener for blind sheet metal holes.  Unfortunately I don't
know it's name.  You can find them at the local Ace hardware store.
They are aluminum thread inserts which colapse against the sheet metal
when compressed.  You comress them with a tool.  My tool is actually a
nut and a bolt.  I use a nut slightly too large for the bolt so it acts
as a compressor when the bolt is screwed into the threaded insert.
Greetings...  They are called MoyBolts.  I don't know if they'd be strong
enough as I recall they were a fairly soft aluminum.   TJ