Re: Advice on Replacing an Instrument Cluster

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Advice on Replacing an Instrument Cluster
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 14:36:04 -0700
Stephen Peca wrote:

>Any advice about the order of dis- and re-assembly of the gauges and switches?
>Are there any tips for doing all this? Can I re-install all the insturments
>and switches before affixing the new instrument panel or do I have to
>re-intall everything once the new instrument panel is installed?

I thought it was easiest to have the main dash in place then connect up
everything (except the oil pressure gauge) to the center panel and
lastly fit the center panel into the dash opening.  ISTR that my oil
pressure gauge had to be connected after the center panel was in place
because the line would not reach any farther.

I'm sure Fred and others will suggest powdercoat for that center panel.
Certainly seems to be an ideal location for a durable finish.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ