RE: Starter handle for TR3A

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starter handle for TR3A
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:16:34 -0700
Bob Kinderlehrer wrote :

> Is it also possible the dog is worn out?

I suppose anything is possible ... but it seems most unlikely to me.  A very
stout piece of hardware ... is the end of your crank also chewed up ?  It's
no more rugged than the dog, so they should both show signs of extreme wear
if they no longer work.

IMO it's more likely the mounts sagged until the crank no longer lined up,
or there is something stuck in the hole.

But in all honesty I've never used my crank (didn't get it until after I'd
eliminated the crank hole on my daily driver), so what do I know ?

Randall