Brit car week

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Brit car week
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@mail.presby.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:36:27 -0400
I did my part Friday.  Drove my TR6 from Clinton, SC through Greenville up
through the foothills to Brevard, NC.  Then through Pisgah National Forest
(great winding climb) to the Blue Ridge Parkway for an 8-mile hike in Shining
Rock Wilderness at 6000 feet.  Then down through Brevard and on to
Hendersonville, and down the Saluda grade to Tryon for fresh trout at Caro-Mi.
Then through Woodruff and back to Clinton.  That was 255 miles and I never saw
another British car!  I did have a conversation with a guy who yelled at me in
Greenville to ask about the car.  He always wanted one he said.

It was a great day, really cool on the Parkway.  No problem with the brakes
(new seals all around and in the MC) and no gas leaks (new flexible hoses after
mice ate through one of the old ones).  Life is good.

Tim

-----
--
Tim Gaines