RE: Pin in TOB sleeve

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pin in TOB sleeve
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:09:32 -0700
>   Hi folks, I think  there is a better solution to ALL TOB problems
> (including slave cylinders), and that is to install Herman's
> hydraulic TOB.  It eliminates all the mechanical  linkages, does not
> break, and  works very well  when properly installed.  It comes as an
> option on his superb 5-speed conversion and is well worth the price...
>
> Just my  opinion of course...

And you're entitled of course.

But when Herman started talking about having to pull the gearbox to adjust
the clutch ...

And that he had to switch suppliers for the hydraulic TOB because the first
ones failed rapidly ...

And they're a specialty item that may or may not still be available next
year (let alone another 45 years from now) ...

Well, maybe that old design wasn't so bad after all <g>

Randall