RE: my TR4 towed home...

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <brister@tiscali.fr>, <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Subject: RE: my TR4 towed home...
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:11:29 +0100
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]
>
> When you replace an old Lucas rotor with a new (hopefully Lucas) rotor,
> throw the old one... into the glovebox, along with the rest of the stuff
> you replace inside the distributor!

Hi Andy,
One thing I'll add is that there is no such thing as a genuine Lucas rotor
arm for "our" cars being manufactured today. Currently available products
are supplied as Lucas product but aren't manufactured by them - they are as
prone to premature failure as their identical but cheaper counterparts sold
under different labels, eg, Intermotor & County.
If you can find genuine NOS Lucas than that's a different matter, but don't
pay a premium for just the Lucas name - it means absolutely nothing.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232