Wire wheel shop in SE Michigan

To: rupert@journey.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire wheel shop in SE Michigan
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:55:39 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/2004 9:26:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rupert@journey.com writes [in the Digest]:

> The other issue is my wire wheels.  .......  Does anybody know of a
> competent shop in SE Michigan who can deal with these?

Dave:

Last fall I had a pair of wire wheels and tires swapped and balanced at a
shop in Utica, MI -- Utica Recapping.  I've been very happy with the work and
would recommend them.  My friend Don Ensley at English Motors also uses them
regularly and recommended them to me.

You won't be impressed with the shop's curb appeal, but the workmanship and
prices were both very satisfactory.  I had just finished painting one of the
wheels and was very concerned about cosmetic damage during tire mounting.  They
did a fine job and also used the proper style adapter to spin balance the
wheel and tire.

If you are in this area of Michigan, contact me off list for any other
details.

Bob Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4