RE: Starting problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starting problems
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:32:14 -0700
> - replace the float bowl needle valves with Grosse Jets (I didn't do this
> 'cause I got mine working)

I just want to add that I don't recommend Grosse Jets.  They're more apt to
cause problems than to solve them.

Because of the larger opening in the valve, they transmit more force to the
floats.  That causes the fuel level in the bowl to be higher (since the
float has to be immersed farther to generate the force to close the valve),
which can cause mixture and flooding problems.  Several listers have had
flooding problems, that were solved by returning to the factory float valve
design.

I'm not at all scared of a well thought out modification, my TR3A daily
driver has lots of them.  But IMO Grosse jets are a solution looking for a
problem.

YMMV of course, just my 2p worth
Randall