Really Weird - Cold TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Really Weird - Cold TR3
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:46:10 EDT
Hi Guys,
Ok now I have seen it all.  I fixed the leak in the Threes Radiator neck with
Bars Leak Rat Turds and Silver Flakes---a double treatment.  On the way to
Mid-Ohio Saturday She never warmed up and ran terrible.  I mean she got me
there
and back, about 200 miles but that was about it.  Stumbling all the way like
a bumbling fool.  Give her choke and she smoothes out.  Let her sit and idle
and she warms up and runs fine.  She even got me around the track a couple of
times.  It was about 65 Saturday pretty cold for top down but that is the way I
drive her.
Sunday I worked most of the day replacing thermostats (158 degree NOS Smiths)
plugs, points etc.  No effect on the cold running.  I did find a rear carb
sticking piston and fixed that but still no luck.  It was cool Sunday too.
Today about 10 degrees warmer and she finally hit 185 and ran OK.  What is
going on?  This car has a history of running hot.  I did have the radiator
re-cored with extra capacity added many years ago. Come to think of it I don't
drive it much in cool weather.  I am leaving for TRA in less than 48 hours and
would like to have a nicer ride.
OH WELL, OLD CARS!!!
Darrell