RE: TR2-6 Brake performance

To: "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: TR2-6 Brake performance
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:32:40 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Just to interject a little question here. If both sets of brake cylinders
are able to lock up the wheels, then surely the only difference in braking
activity would be the effort required to perform the aforementioned locking
(if the caliper pistons on the 4-pot had more surface area than the
original). As far as I've always heard, brake fade occurs after repeated
braking, not just rolling down the highway and then suddenly coming to a
rapid stop. So unless you're planning to do racing with lots of hairpin
turns and fast and slow driving there's no need for changing the calipers.
Right?

Mark