Fulcrum Pins - continued

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fulcrum Pins - continued
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks,

Well the tie rod fulcrum pins finally arrived fron TRF.

I took them down to a machine shop to get them pressed in.  The guy measured
the diameter of these and the Vic Brit pins.  The Vic Brit pins were 12 thou
smaller in diameter.  After the guy pressed the TRF pins into the tie rod, he
was of the opinion that they would not come out.

(The Vic Brit pins were the pins I had easily installed myself using a vice and
socket.  When the assembly was back in the car and the steering wheel turned,
the pin connected to the idler arm lifted itself out of the tie rod eye.  Most
disconcerting)

More later - when I get the energy to put things back together.

Regards,  Adrian TS 58324