Tying down a trailored car

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tying down a trailored car
From: "Ronnie Babbitt" <rbtr3a@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:23:40 -0400
I know I know, you're supposed to drive them. however this year I am
going to trailer three triumphs on one trailer to the VTR, I plan to
take my TR3a the Sports 6, plus I going to haul Ray Sinclair's Herald as
well.  It's going to be a very very tight fit on the trailer I'll only
have a few inches between each car. This commercial trailer belongs to
an auto broker here in town it's 32 feet long and has a 2' extension on
the front.  It's open through the middle having two metal runners. If I
back the Sports 6 onto the trailer having the rear wheels sit on the
extension I can then back the TR3 on, this puts most of the weight near
the front of the dual axels. The Herald will be driven on forward,
having its rear wheels at the rear of the trailer, the trunk/rear of the
car will slightly hang out.

The total weight of the cars is about 6300 lbs the trailer weighs 3000
lbs giving me 9300 lbs total, Ken's truck is rated for 12000 lbs GWV.
It's equipped to haul his gooseneck horse trailer rated at 14000 lbs it
has electric brakes and the trailer has new brake shoes and wheel
bearings.

What do you think is the best method/way to tie down these cars?
Remember I only have a few inches between cars. There are many tie down
points/rings down the center of the trailer.

Ronnie