Re: * Using your Tach as a Speedo *

To: wayne@brazinski.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: * Using your Tach as a Speedo *
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 06:22:53 -0700
>From what I have been told - if I have the 3.9 diff gear ratio I simply
>double the first to digits of the RPM - so 3,000 equals 60 mph, and 4,000
>equals 80.

That is correct.  My college TR3's speedo never worked, my our
neighbor who had a TR3 told be the trick. Now that I have a speedo
that works, I can also verify it.

BTW, when I received my latest TR3, I had the same behavior in the
speedo.  When  I adjusted the trip meter it started to work.  So you
may want to play with that adjustment a little to see if that changes
anything.  My felt like it was stuck in the adjust position.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308