Re: Thermostat

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostat
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:39:10 -0500
>  Randall and I have tended to agree to disagree on the value of the
sleeved
>  thermostat but prior to installing a sleeved version in my 4A it was
>  virtually impossible to drive on the Interstate without pegging the
>  temperature needle.  During city driving the 4A would tolerate the
standard
>  unit but sustained Interstate speeds demanded the sleeved unit.
>
>  Lou Metelko
>  Auburn, Indiana
>  65 TR4A

Interesting...  Mine certainly doesn't peg the temperature needle on the
interstate, but it does run significantly warmer at interstate speeds.  In
fact, I notice a significant difference between 55-60 mph and 70-75 mph.
But it never really gets out of the upper/normal range (the needle rides
right on the high side of that zone - at 55-60 mph it will stay about
halfway between the middle mark and the upper/normal range mark).

I've wondered if the lack of a sleeved thermostat might contribute to that
situation.

Thanks for your reply.

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas