RE: Fuel Pressure regulators

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pressure regulators
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:54:18 -0700
> PS Like you I limped away. I had failed to bring a diet coke, however I
> used the straw to siphon brake fluid from the brake m/c to the clutch
> m/c just enough to get some clutch back and move the car;

You stood out in a busy intersection and fixed the clutch ?  I'd have just
hopped in and driven it home !

Driving without a clutch is a skill that anyone with either a hydraulic or
cable operated clutch should know.  Coming to a stop light you knock it out
of gear and kill the engine.  Put it in 1st with the engine off, then hit
the starter when the light changes.  When you get to the shift point for 1st
gear, feather the throttle, shift to neutral, then hold light pressure
against the shifter while you let the engine rpm back down to where it drops
into 2nd.  If you're good, you can just snap it into gear as the rpm falls
through the right speed.  Repeat as necessary.  I've driven 20+ miles home
through LA rush hour traffic this way, more than once.  It wasn't exactly
fun ... but I got home !

Randall