Re: steering rack-TR3

To: "Wayne Brazinski" <wayne@brazinski.com>, <dgriffin@griffedi.com>, "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering rack-TR3
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 08:19:56 -0700
I have the B.A.R. steering conversion kit installed on my TR3.  It was a
very straightforward/easy install in my slightly modified car.  I think it
was more difficult to remove the old stock steering components then it was
to hook up the new ones.  It seems very sturdy and well designed.  However,
as Wayne correctly mentioned, I haven't driven it yet, so my review is
hardly a complete testimonial.

>From the few I have talked with, it really improves steering.  One fellow at
the Ventura Harbor British Car show said it was like adding power steering.

I have also heard that a properly tuned and/or rebuilt stock TR3 steering
box is a vast improvement over a 50 year old worn out unit.

Anyone have any feedback on any of the other kits out on the market?

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA
1956 TR3
1964 TR4