Vermont's "Northeast Kingdom"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Vermont's "Northeast Kingdom"
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:48:12 -0700 (PDT)
Well as of Friday at 4:30 p.m. the mysterious car from
The Northeast Kingdom is no longer listed on ebay.

But FWIW, the "Northeast Kingdom" is a term used to
describe the most rural - and perhaps most beautiful -
part of Vermont.  And by rural, I mean RURAL because
we're the most rural state in the country as it is.
Yes it's poor up there but most people have their
teeth at least - thanks to a comprehensive health care
system we've got for kids up to 18 years old.

The term "Northeast Kingdom" was coined by former
Vermont Governor and U.S. Senator George Aiken back in
the 1940s.  He's perhaps most famous for his statement
about our involvement in Vietnam in the 1960s that "we
should declare victory and go home."

Putting politics aside, that's a pretty good memory
old guy Bob Danielson has, even if he was just a young
college student up here years ago - dontch 'ya know.

Me, I'm from Burlington in the northwest part of the
state on Lake Champlain.  Most people from the rest of
the state say that Burlington is kind of nice because
it's so close you can see Vermont from there.

Strange kind of humor we've got.

Joe Merone
South Burlington, Vermont
The Green Mountain State