RE: pertronix ignitor ignition

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: pertronix ignitor ignition
From: "Fisher, Curt (ETS - Dixon)" <CFisher@borgwarner.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:16:46 -0500
I installed a Pertronix in conjunction with a Lucas Sport coil. I was then
told by one dealer that he had a Pertronix memo stating specifically that
the Sport coil should not be used with it. However, the Sport coil seems to
have the correct resistance etc. It does put out a bit higher voltage than
the Pertronix coil though. Since I never found anything to substantiate the
dealers claim and he seemed unable or unwilling to fax me a copy of the
memo, I left it on. After a drivers school and 4 vintage races, no problem
so far. I see a lot of other people using the combination as well. Anyone
know anything about this as shortening the life of the Pertronix?

Cheers,
Curt