Re: I did it

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I did it
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:42:01 -0600
Cc: Harlyred1@aol.com
Been there done that, have the piles of boxes to prove it.
What you've done is guarantee that the other two TRs will never see the
light of day unless you sell them.  I did the same thing many years
ago,  Just divorced i took my 4A off the road, stripped it down to
boxes of parts and bare metal. I got as far as the paint shop, bought
another 4A, a GT 6 MK III a TR6 and  Jaguar 'S' TYPE  ( not all
concurrently) to fill my need for something to drive and of course
maintain/improve.

  I've been feeling guilty about the original 4A so I'm freeing up
garage space and time in order to get back to it.  I've subsequently
sold the other 4A, the GT 6, and just last night the Jag.
The TR6 is for sale as well. with it gone I'll either put the 4A back
together or weaken and buy something else to pacify my addiction.

Not wanting to rain on your parade but unless you have a real emotional
attachment to the boxes of parts, I'd suggest you liberate yourself
from the responsibility of storing them and spend all your time and
energy enjoying your new baby.

Hmmm, on second thought, you may need all those "spares" to get her in
shape and keep her there.

Another unsolicited vote. If it's in good nick, drive it home. You'll
quickly discover how much you are going to love, or not, your new
companion. If it's not, you'll equally as quickly discover what is not
right. Take tools, duct tape, spare belts, water, AAA card, a cell
phone and a notebook.

Hope it all works out for you !!

On Wednesday, August 18, 2004, at 07:38 PM, Triumphs@Autox.team.net
daily digest wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:32:42 EDT
> From: Harlyred1@aol.com
> Subject: I did it
>
> As the number fifty, as in years, rapidly approaches in the spring, I
> started to realize my worst fears. Both of my TR3s are in numerous
> boxes  scattered
> between separate storage facilities. The 2 car garage that I will
> build will
> not enable me to get either car roadworthy by the milestone event of
> my 50th.
> So........I cuddled up to the bride and explained my predicament. I
> purchased what appears to be an original, slightly worn TR3 last night
> on eBay.  It is
> in West Virginia and I on Long Island New York. If the plans work out
> I  hope
> to have it here within 2 weeks. My debate being if I will drive it
> home or
> trailer it. Either way, right now, it seems like the planets are in
> alignment
> and things are right with the world now that I know I wil soon be
> behind a
> big wheel in an LBC soon enough.
>

> 49 year old Terry

Check out the new British Cars Forum: