I found it, I found it...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: I found it, I found it...
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:32:12 -0400
I found the cause of the fuel starvation on the '3. When I put the car
together originally I installed a stop cock near the tank, since it is gravity
fed this seem logical since I had installed secondary filter as well. It seems
crud from the tank had built up behind the stop. I hooked up an electric
(2-3psi) pump to help drain the tank as recommnended by all. It was just
putting out a trickle and not even that most of the time.

I emptyed the tank, icky taste method :-P. Pulled off the stop and cleaned it
out. In total, about 1 teaspoon of crud and rust etc.  Put it all back
together and put some gas in the tank and now the pump pours gas like an open
faucet.

Thanks to all, I was getting a little close to wits end. Boy it is a week of
learning about '3a fuel systems.
David Templeton
'59 tr3a - drinking all she can again.