Re: Ref Engine start up and possible ruined starter..

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <TERJE_KOLBEINSEN@bluezone.no>
Subject: Re: Ref Engine start up and possible ruined starter..
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:28:58 -0500
> But I have another rather important question to raise, conserning
> polarisation of the generator.  I have converted to negative earth and my
> question is:
> To polarise the generator, could I use a wire between the positive battery
> and the narrower of the lucar connection on the generator (there are one
> wide and one narrower)?

That's correct Terje (the smaller/narrower one).  Just connect a temporary
lead from the positive terminal of the battery and touch the smaller
terminal of the generator several times.  That should do it.  Check here for
additional information:

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.html

Kurtis J.
Russellville, Arkansas