TR4 - Anyone tried hacksaw blades in the top?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 - Anyone tried hacksaw blades in the top?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:47:19 -0700
Want to try using my old TR4 top by cutting out the (funky) rear windows
and making a flow-thru shade top... but I have already reused the metal
bars from the leading edge to install my replacement top.

I was thinking I might be able to use some hacksaw blades in place of
the original bars -- 2 across the center section and a half at each
end.  Seems to have the right flex & hardness though there is no curve.
Of course I would grind the teeth off them first.

Any other ideas for a no-cost way to do this (have a 600 mile drive
coming up in the Arizona sun and just looking for a way to make it a bit
more comfortable).

Also -- if you are using a windowless top, did you just open the back
window or did you also cut out the quarter-windows?

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: