RE: RE: I did it (trailer/transport vs drive) kinda long

To: "'Chris Kantarjiev'" <cak@dimebank.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RE: I did it (trailer/transport vs drive) kinda long
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:55:40 -0400
Ha! You had a normal brake.

In 1990 I owned a rusty 1981 Oldmosbile station wagon with a 6 litre diesel
engine. I needed a car in a hurry and had no dollars, so I got this from a
farmer friend who had it sitting outside his barn. It had broken glow plugs
and the hydraulic pump that powered both brakes and steering was done. I
drove that thing with broken power brakes and the steering for 3 months.
Just normal driving was the most amazing workout you've ever seen. Parallel
parking was a special pleasure. It was a hell of a tank. Many many bizarre
tales came from that car. Once I had a guy drive his little japanese car
right head on into the front when I was sitting at a light. Barely scratched
the bumper. I can still see his car literally flying into pieces and
scattering itself all over the intersection. It was like a bad special
effect in the movies. He was OK, but it needed a vacuum cleaner not a tow
truck to take away the remains. They don't make them like that anymore
(thank God).

Mark