Re: gearbox lube

To: "Peter Fullam" <pfullam@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: gearbox lube
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:45:38 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Peter, It may well be that the synthetic oil is causing your problem. Inside
the OD is a clutch which drives regardless of whether it's in OD or out of
OD. I know of one other who used Synthetic oil in his OD and it caused the
OD to slip. It has excellent lubricity, so good that it causes the OD clutch
to slip.
I have no personal experience and it may well take a few flushes to get it
out of the system.
My 2 cents worth.
Jerrry Van Vlack