TR3Toyota Caliper COnversion ??

To: "" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3Toyota Caliper COnversion ??
From: "" <chammock@iquest.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:40:41 -0500
RR#1 is finally coming back together -
replacement vertical link from the ever helpful Ted Schumaker and some weekend
assmebly and --voila! ready to mount the Toyota Calipers.
Have the correct caliper mounting brackets (thanks,again, Ted!)
Got the conversion lines as outlined in the article - used Earl's plumbing
components -
10mm to -3 male to male converter and
a low profile 90 degree fitting on the braided line - just as the DR ordered
BUT (isn't this always the case?)
at  full lock the stack height of the adapter and fitting puts the line
perilously close to the road spring, IMHO.  Both sides are the same.
For those of you who have done this - what clearance did you see between the
spring and the inner end of the brake hose? Maybe I'm missing something, or
just overengineering, but I don't think this will work.
If not, It's TR6 calipers - anyone source these from a local supplier like
NAPA or Autozone?

Thanks in advance

Perry HAmmock TR3A
Rat Roadster #1