SU Float Bowls

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU Float Bowls
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:12:30 EDT
My front float bowl was leaking a little so I got new rubber gasket/rings for
the bowls and a new fiber washer to fit between the hollow studs and the carb
bodies.  I noticed that the new fiber washer has a larger inside diameter
than the one I took off, so I used a nylon washer that more matched the one I
took off in size. It is MUCH thinner.  Upon start up,, It is running really
poorly.  Did this just raise the fuel level in my jets and cause this?  Seems
like
a little change in thickness wouldn't make much difference.  Any advice is
ALWAYS appreciated,,, Kent Shrack TR3a,,, 1960  red,, tan,,, and now, ,, Fun,,
after 18 years sitting still.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: