RE: TRY body repair

To: "Bruce Cooper" <coopertr8@charter.net>
Subject: RE: TRY body repair
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:41:40 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bruce,
I replaced the floor pan, inner, and outer sills on my TR4A with the body on
the frame. And a lot more but that is a different story..
It is a lot of work but it can be done. The reason I did it that way was
that I could use the frame as the main dimensional point of reference. The
biggest thing to keep in mind is that you MUST weld a brace across the door
openings to make sure opening stays the same. I even welded a vertical brace
down to the floor just to make sure nothing sagged when I cut out the sill.
You will need access to a 3" die grinder and a ton of cut-off disks to
remove the rusted stuff. You will need a MIG welder to put it all back
together.
Check out my website if you want to see how I did it.

Best Regards,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a