Re: Polishing the carbs

To: "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.com>
Subject: Re: Polishing the carbs
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 07:56:01 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net iA3CxFKB001937
Message text written by "scott s."
>In 1800's correspondence, it was common to see noon written as "12 M."
For some reason we got away from that.
<

Possibly because the french word for noon is midi.  The spanish word is
mediodia.  I would think that the latin word is something along those
lines.  It was tres chic back then to use the french influenced words back
then.  Heck, a serious portion of our lexicon comes from french.  It came
over with William the Conqueror.

Dave

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.