instrument cluster variation TR3a

To: "Triumphs list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: instrument cluster variation TR3a
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 16:34:39 -0500
I was replacing my instrument cluster today with a very nice powder coated one
and noticed an oddity that I was not aware of previously.
There appeared to be two hole sizes for the panel light rheostat. The one on
the car is larger than the replacement-both the hole and the size of the
dimmer threated portion. Does anyone know when the change occurred?
Just an interesting side note.
Also, the Lucas ammeter is larger in diameter than the Jaegar ones - although
I did take it apart to clean the glass and put "white out" on the needle. I
suppose it could have spread some.
Beautiful weather here in Central Florida and all the downed trees have been
cleaned up at my house so it's time to enjoy the Triumphs.
Fred you'll be getting some new powder coating business as I get my old one
off to you soon. ok?
Tom
61 TR3A 62 TR4
73 Stag