Fwd: Re: Fuel gauge trouble iA9NsuKB014190

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Fuel gauge trouble iA9NsuKB014190
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:50:51 +0100
My float filled up a while back and it went fast.
I knew the tank was full, but overnight the gauge
read empty - all or nothing. A leak would have to
be pretty tiny to slow to cause a 1/4 difference.
But definitely possible.

The hollow plastic float is exactly the same size
as the cork float sold for my other old car -
1929 Chevrolet. I just pulled off the plastic one
and put on the cork. Didn't even have to fasten
it and it's worked fine for ages. You can get
them from the filling station for $7.50 per pair:
http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadefefa&GHOME=www.parts123.com/fillingstation/&TITLE=Filling_station
Just type in "float" in the space provided, and
choose "1929" and "car" for vehicle type and it
will come right up.

Hope this helps,
Dave

--