re: Standard-Triumph engines

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Standard-Triumph engines
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:29:52 EST
Jonmac,
Thanks for sending the great articles you wrote - gives my current
restoration a big oomph!
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
------
Dear Friends,

Wow - what a response to my recent offer for the attached articles. I do

hope you find them interesting and thank you so much for the overall level

of response.

>From your replies, it would appear that many of you would like this

material for your own personal reference to add to your own files of

Standard-Triumph ephemera - and that's fine. Equally, the rest have asked

for the material with a view to re-publication in their club magazine - and

that's fine too. I hope you all find the attached material of use and

interest for those purposes.

There's just one point I'd like to make and I'm sure you'll understand my

principle, though a few may not agree with it at all :)

I wrote these articles for the benefit of Standard-Triumph enthusiasts who

are already PAID-UP members of a recognised ST Club and by sending them to

you, I have not released my copyright or changed my mind on who can read

them. I did *not* write the material

for someone to later upload to the Internet - especially if it is done

without my prior knowledge or sanction.

If I had wanted either or both articles to go on the 'Net, I'd have done it

myself. So if any among you feel either article (or parts of them) are

suitable for the 'net, then I'm afraid we may have something to review 1:1

off list :)

For those Editors who release newsletters in .pdf format, I would

respectfully request they  take whatever steps they can to convey copyright

retention and dissuade members from doing things of an 'unauthorised

nature' as outlined above.

Cheers - and thanks for your support and the many kind words I have received

Jonmac