Re: Shoulder belts - Triumphs daily digest V1 #2077 iAH3TvAC003746

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shoulder belts - Triumphs daily digest V1 #2077 iAH3TvAC003746
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:29:20 -0800
I also tend to not like laws that are for one's own "personal safety".  Back in
the 'old days' of the eighties we called people that promoted and liked these
laws "safety nazis".  I remeber reading a hilarious article in our college
newspaper about a guy who went to a sagfety nazi meeting regarding WA states
recently passed seatbelt law.  He told how all the people were congratulting
themselves and feeling very self-rightous becuse now that the law had passed
"people HAVE to buckle up".  He caused a distubance when he said very correctly
"Not me.  The law states I DON'T have to buckle up in fact, because the law
exempts all vehicles made before 1965."

" I drive a 1964 Corvair! "

I think he left after that.

-Wayne (number three or four I think)