Re: T/R 3 water pump bearing

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>, "Triumphs" <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: T/R 3 water pump bearing
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:45:14 -0800
Hi Fred,
        I wonder if anyone has tried to match that bearing at a local
dealer in bearings, it seems to me that I was once told that almost
all bearings are standardized, and that if you take in the old
bearing they will match it, and much cheaper too.   I do know that
when I was helping a friend find a bearing for the transaxle on a
Lotus 23b, we were first told by Lotus that it was several hundred
dollars (plus shipping), we took it to some bearing house, did not
tell them what it was for, just asked if they had one like it, and
they matched it for less than one hundred ... it worked too ... that
car ran 14 more races that season and won 13 of them ... might be
worth a little investigation ...

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3