TR3B Factory Records

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3B Factory Records
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 23:25:07 +1300
Not long back to New Zealand after a 3 month tour of England including the
National TR weekend at Malvern,Triumph World pinic at Beale Park plus visit
to Heritage Trust centre and plenty of steam train trips plus swap meets.
While at BMIHT i enquired about getting a certified copy of my TR3B build
record and was told this was not possible on the day as i would have to go
on the waiting list which could take a month.I did get the chap to look for
the film and find the comm number and he came back after 10 minutes and
said the film was in good order so when you get back home fax over the
details.This i did and after about 12 days the certificate arrived.My
TSF/143 engine had the 1991cc pistons{now has 87 mm}fitted,all other number
match,built on 6th April 1962 shipped to Midwest Triumph Distributors Inc
,Chicago on the 16th April.{The steering box has a build date 0f 21
March}.The colour is Spa White,the hood top white,sidescreens-tonneau
cover-all white plus whitewall tyres.
What i have not seen before is how the gearbox is discribed,details say it
is fitted with a RATIONALISED GEARBOX.Is this another way to say a 4 speed
all synchro TR4 gearbox.My 3B has such a gearbox TSF/126.
Going back to the engine size of 83mm i understood 3B had 86mm sleeves.If
so this TR must have been a special order seeing every thing is almost all
white except for black leather trim. Any comments
Ashley.
---