Accelerator shaft & Drive shaft

To: 6-Pack <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Accelerator shaft & Drive shaft
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:19:48 -0500
Hi everybody- I was just putting new bushings on my accelerator shaft
and was wondering if the part that passes through the engine bay should
be painted(black?) or bare metal?
Secondly, has anyone had trouble with bent drive shafts?  I took mine in
the drive shaft shop for balancing while I have the engine out and was
told mine was bent.  He also told me that the local LBC shop had brought
in 2 in the last month that were also bent.  I picked up another from a
74 which he reported was good but it looked like it took a good bit of
weight to bring it into balance.  He ran it up to 5000 RPM on the
machine to show me that it is now perfect.  I was experiencing a good
bit of vibration through the the pedal and shifter with the old shaft.
I think anyone experiencing vibration might start looking here.

Thanks for any info,   John Mitchell  76 TR6